Question Installing my VistFlame VF-55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curve

Oct 13, 2012
Central, MA
I am installing my pellet stove today and ran into a little issue I need help with. I came off the back of the stove with a 4" T cleanout, and then into a 36" piece of straight pipe, and than a 90 elbow that I am trying to fit into an adapeter to my 8" MetalBestos Chimney adapter. The issue is that the elbow is about a half inch short of reaching the 8" adapter. What is the recommended way to make this work?

Adjustable pipe

Hello

I did something very similar. I went from a 4" pellet pipe into a 8"x8" block chimney. It takes a 4" to 8" pellet pipe adapter and then straight pipe that should go into the middle of the chimney.

I did use an adjustable pipe on the horizontal to go the correct distance.

See pic below. Click to Enlarge.

Attachments

• 1104121720.jpg
    1104121720.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 100
I have 1 piece of 12" adhustable pipe. If I put this on the 36" piece, will I be able to slide it all the way down so that only about half inch is left over? I wasn't sure that this adjustable piece would slide down that far.

hi curve.your best bet is a 24' straight pipe and an 18' adjustable.you havnt fired it up yet so hopefully dealer will swith the pipe for ya .good luck.cant wait to see pics

Status
Not open for further replies.