Question on aquastat differential

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waynecub

Mar 1, 2008
vermont
I have a number of aquastats on my heating system. My question is most of my aquastats have a little white knob behind the temp. setting, the #'s on this white knob go from 10---up to ---30. I was told that this is for the differential for the temp. that you have it set on. Is this 10 degrees + or - of what you have it set on?????????

My wife is thinking that we should put our Christmas tree in the basement this year next to the wood gasifire. She thinks that I am speeding way to much time with the gasifire. I love my gasifire.

Thank for all the help everyone on the forum.

Marcus

Just one direction. If the aquastat makes the connection on temp rise, then it will drop 10 degrees below the setpoint before switching off the current. It will re-energize the circuit when it gets back up to the setpoint again. One that I have is set to start a pump when the temp hits 140, which it does. The pump will run until the temp drops down to 130.

Don't put the tree too close to the gasfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.