Question on Nofo's simplest pressurized storage system design

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat53

Minister of Fire
Aug 21, 2010
UP Mich
In Nofo's SPSSD, how would the wiring look if you are using a Grundfos Alpha for your main load circulator? It does not have any wiring going to it, just a power cord.

From the SPSSD:

"First, the zone valve limit switches are removed from the oil boiler demand input and connected to the 24vac thermostat transformer (see schematic).

Second, we need a 24VAC relay that we energize when any of the zone valve limit switches are closed. This relay will turn on the Load Circulator.

Third, we need a 24VAC relay for the oil boiler demand input - when this relay is energized, it creates a closed circuit that turns on the oil boiler. This takes the place of the zone valve limit switches.

Finally, we need an aquastat at the top of our storage with contacts that close only when the storage temperature drops below the minimum usable temperature - we’ll say 140 degrees for this example. The signal from the zone valve limit switches passes through this aquastat before going to the oil boiler demand relay. In that way, if the storage is above 140, the oil boiler will not come on when the zones call for heat"

So, how do I remove the limit switches from the zone valves and make the Alpha come on when the house calls for heat instead of the circulator on the oil boiler?

thx, Pat

Figured it out myself, thx

please close this thread

I have an Alpha, but I thought the point of it was to leave it plugged in so The Auto Adapt will learn your system? Doesnt turning it on and off all the time reset the memory every time?

Status
Not open for further replies.