Questions about wall mounted thermostat for Harman XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crisratzlaff

Feb 8, 2011
central ks
I have a Harman XXV and I was wondering if a wall thermostat would benefit me. How many of you use them? Do I need to have the original thermostat wire/probe located right beside the wall mount thermostat? I have found a few threads about a Honeywell 7500D and a little about how to wire them in. I'm not real good at wiring so if anyone has any input on the "hows" of doing it I would sure appreciate it! Thanks!!!

CR

crisratzlaff said:
I have a Harman XXV and I was wondering if a wall thermostat would benefit me. How many of you use them? Do I need to have the original thermostat wire/probe located right beside the wall mount thermostat? I have found a few threads about a Honeywell 7500D and a little about how to wire them in. I'm not real good at wiring so if anyone has any input on the "hows" of doing it I would sure appreciate it! Thanks!!!

CR

Read my Skytech link in my signature. Has everything and more. Talks about the 2 different thermostat methods with a link to the way Harman suggests.

Best thing I have done for the stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.