Quick Question.. Alderlea T6

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

loon

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2010
ont canada
Does anyone have one of these? and do you like it?

http://www.pacificenergy.net/alderlea/t6.php

I went and had a look at it today and am going back into town tomorrow so my wife can have a look also.. The fella at the store said to give him a call before we leave and he will have it in action for us when we get there..

Thanks eh! :)

loon

Moderator BeGreen has one and loves it. Several other forum members have them also with never a disparaging word spoken about them. Great wood stove.

I've only heard good things. Love the cooking option shelves they have.

logger said:
I've only heard good things. Love the cooking option shelves they have.

The swing out shelves are standard on the Alderlea woodstoves.. My T-5 came with them too..

Ray

Thanks gang! and good to hear ;-)

BeGreen..will let you know how we make out tomorrow and might have some questions :coolgrin:

raybonz.. the T5 is the model they have on the floor but they can have the T6 by Wednesday. Making sure everything fits before i make the decision.

loon

Depending on your home design, desired stove location, existing stove/chimney? If you currently have or are accustomed to a radiant type stove, you may feel that the Alderlea's do not blast you with sunshine like heat. The convective nature of this stove allows close installation clearances, and adequate btu outputs.

IMHO a blower really helps with heat output and modulation/control of heat output with various loads of fuel. So consider electric power source within 6 feet or so. Also if you have the hearth space, go with the larger unit. Especially since you are in Ontario.

One plus it is very easy to operate for spouses etc.

Pics in signature link.

Thanks madison.. your setup is a beauty for sure ;-) I have the space for it and the house is about 1600ft with a crawl space underneath. Very easy to heat with a fan heading down to the bedrooms..

loon

loon said:
Thanks madison.. your setup is a beauty for sure ;-) I have the space for it and the house is about 1600ft with a crawl space underneath. Very easy to heat with a fan heading down to the bedrooms..

loon

My house is 1632 sq. ft. and the T-5 heats it pretty easily.. You might want to consider the T-5 as well.. I recommend the blower as it works well and is not too noisy plus it spreads the heat well.. I also get burn times up to 10 hrs. with hardwoods..

Ray

Sounds good Ray!

Can you do me a favour? and measure the front of the stove to the front of the chimney please?

The tape measure is coming with me tomorrow but just wondering right now ;-)

loon

loon said:
Sounds good Ray!

Can you do me a favour? and measure the front of the stove to the front of the chimney please?

The tape measure is coming with me tomorrow but just wondering right now ;-)

loon

About 14" and the ashlip protrudes a little more than that..

Ray

FYI, for comparison it's 15 1/2" on the T6.

What stove are you using now loon?

Its a Drolet Green and the picture here is off a bit, but the new stove would be almost 5ft to the wood floor from the front of the chimney.

DSC00568-1.jpg

And i wouldnt hear the end of it if Buddy nicked himself on the way by :p

DSC00569-1.jpg

The T6 is gonna be in the house ;-)

loon

Does Buddy always sit that way? It's hilarious.

Just bought the T6 about a month ago and we love it. It is extremely easy to operate. Our house is 1100 sq. ft. on the main floor, but open to another 1100 ft. open above, for an equivalent of 2200 sq. ft. With the T6 we can easily over-heat the house, even when it is minus 20*C, and that is with poplar. You may want to consider the T5.

Yep, I have a T6. Great stove, simple to operate. When you pick up the stove grab a couple gaskets for the baffle. That or make your own. They need replaced when the baffle is removed for cleaning. Don't even try to use the ash chute. Cover it with ash to seal it then forget about it.
Please don't be a tight wad like me and purchase the blower with the stove. It really does help.
Enjoy your new stove.

I love my T6 and can't say enough good things about it. I have a little bit about it in my initial learning curve thread in my signature. Is there anything specific you where wondering about? I almost forgot to mention my wife absolutely loves it to so it's a win win situation for us!

I would love to have a T6. Good looks, great clearances and, based on the reports here, great burn times. Like hen's teeth on the East Coast, thought.

We don't have blower and don't need one. Depends on your house layout. Try it without, and you can always order one later.

BrowningBAR said:
I would love to have a T6. Good looks, great clearances and, based on the reports here, great burn times. Like hen's teeth on the East Coast, thought.
I bet the dealer here in Bloomsburg has or can get it Brown

BeGreen said:
Does Buddy always sit that way? It's hilarious.

He will sit like a dog at first but after about 5 seconds those back feet flip out :)

Thanks for the information gang ;-)

I 'might' have a situation though? been measuring again and the back right of the T6 may not fit..Going to cut a couple 2x2s to the new stove dimension and lay them out before we go to town this morning.

We may go with the T5 but not too sure yet? will let ya's know in a few hours..

Here might be the problem. It is a sunken living room and i made a 10in lip on the backside, the stove sitting there now is 24"x26"..

Loon

DSC00572-1.jpg

I remember seeing a new one somewhere...oh yes In my kitchen. Buy the blower aftermarket for about half the price, but do get one!

Hogwildz said:
BrowningBAR said:
I bet the dealer here in Bloomsburg has or can get it Brown

I was referring to the used market.

Status
Not open for further replies.