R.I.P. Joe Paterno

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelletfisky

Jan 3, 2012
Eastern Pennsylvania
A legend and great man has passed away today. May his legacy never be forgotten.

I understand that this forum isn't the place to debate Joe Paterno's legacy, but I feel the need to remind everyone that Joe Pa was in a position to help some of those victims and chose to cover it up like so many others. A tragic story indeed.

Joe Pa was always very high on my list, untill last nov. It remains to be seen where he ends up on my list after all details come out.

Joe Pa was in a position to help some of those victims and chose to cover it up like so many others. A tragic story indeed.

I personally find that statement to not be entirely accurate. That being said, this is not the forum for debate about it. Joe Pa was a legend no matter how you look @ it.
The way the University handled his dismissal was to say @ the least, inept and did show how out of control the upper ecelons @ Penn State were in reacting to the ENTIRE situation @ the time. To Joe Pa, thanks. Thanks for your untiring devotion which you gave to the players and the school for those 60+ years. R.I.P. Joe Pa

Very few people can come close to this mans body of work in his lifetime. RIP JoePA.

Blue Vomit said:
Very few people can come close to this mans body of work in his lifetime. RIP JoePA.

+1....well said........anyway ya look at it...he was a living legend in college football.

kenny chaos said:
petemal said:
i hope we will remember all the great this man has done,,

I heard he was a football coach.

You heard right.
Did you hear what he did for the ENTIRE University as a whole as well (personal donations in excess 0f $3.5 million)? Did you hear what he did over the years for alot of his players in terms of EDUCATION that they would not of had a chance to obtain if it weren't for him and his wife Sue? Did you hear of how many Academic All-Americans he coached over his tenure? Yeah, I guess he was a football coach..........................................

rottiman said:
kenny chaos said:
petemal said:
i hope we will remember all the great this man has done,,

I heard he was a football coach.

You heard right.
Did you hear what he did for the ENTIRE University as a whole as well (personal donations in excess 0f $3.5 million)? Did you hear what he did over the years for alot of his players in terms of EDUCATION that they would not of had a chance to obtain if it weren't for him and his wife Sue? Did you hear of how many Academic All-Americans he coached over his tenure? Yeah, I guess he was a football coach..........................................

I thought you didn't want to debate this here.
Anyway, what makes a man a hero is different for some.
(Biting the heck out of my tongue)
Kenny

Kenny, since you have tried to bait me in prior posts, I ain't buyin it today. You just "keep truckin" in your little world and we'll call it a day.

By all accounts a good man and a good educator. Unquestionably, a great coach. Made a huge, huge mistake. I think Penn State made the right move in firing him but in the final analysis I think he left a positive mark on the Earth -- RIP.

Its a damn shame some of you. Start a debating thread some where else R.I.P Joe

Backwoods, FYI this guy loves to "bait" confrontation. Don't waste your time bantering with him. There are some here who think he is comical, the rest have figured out he is a clown.

rottiman said:
Backwoods, FYI this guy loves to "bait" confrontation. Don't waste your time bantering with him. There are some here who think he is comical, the rest have figured out he is a clown.

Thats what I figured. I've seen posts of his before. ;-)

My final comment, on a serious note; It's sad that many are missing Joe's ultimate lesson to everyone.
Peace-
Kenny

I used to have a quote that said "though shalt not feed the trolls".

End it, please.

If someone say’s he’s a great man, someone is going to try and shoot that down with the scandal, then someone is going to refute that again by talking about his accomplishments, then someone is going to play the hiding a child molester card again. It’s a sad situation for more than one reason.

I feel badly for all those who thought so much of the man and are mourning his passing.

<closed>

Status
Not open for further replies.