R.I.P.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend phoned me right after lunch. Huge loss.Amazing talent.When he retired from Purple in 2002 to concentrate on his own stuff,movie soundtracks etc,that left Paicey as the only original member from MK I left.Like lots of fans I always thought the MK II lineup of Blackmore,Lord,Paice,Glover & Gillan to be the best.It was certainly the most popular.With MK III of Coverdale on vocals & Glenn Hughes,bass & backing vocals to be a close 2nd fav.

Couldnt been much more than 5-6 when I first heard Hush & Hey Joe blasting from 2 older brother's 8 track player upstairs.The walls of the old house would shake from that brilliant sound.Even at that young age I could tell it was something special.

RIP Jon,you will be greatly missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.