radiant manifold; mounting it upside down?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barnartist

Minister of Fire
just opened up my new manifold I bought from pex universe. This is a little different for me because on another part of my house I just used copper and I built my own manifold. This one has the pressure and temp gauges... here is what it looks like www.pexuniverse.com/store/product/radiant-heat-manifold-ssm003
Since I have limited space for mounting and I am putting the lines in above the manifold, it sure would be easier to mount the thing upside down as to be able to connect the pex immediately from the top, or better said I would not have to bring the line down and make the bends to connect to the manifold.

I am able to flip the air seperators to "up" position, but the pressure gauges would be pointed down as well as the hand cranks for manual adjustment.

Tell me i CAN DO IT FELLAS! :)

Hard to tell exactly without having it in my hands but it looks like it should be OK from here. Just rotate the air vents to the top and connect.

Hey thanks that is good news. I didn't think it would matter my only thought was sediment? Should make things much easier. I picked my way through bing images and have not seen any installs upside down.

What would the cold system effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.