Radiant plumbed and running...but......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

strmh

May 24, 2008
Northern Maine
Looking for some input here....

My EKO 60 is located in my shop and feeds the house from there.

This weekend I plumbed the radiant in my shop. I'm running into a problem because the return temps from the radiant are so cold that the danfoss is kicking in to keep the return to the boiler at 140.....

I know that the cement slab will take quite a while to heat up. Right now, I'm feeding the radiant with 90 degrees and return is about 55. So, just looking for some words of advice from others have experience in heating up a cold slab for the first time??

Once the slab is up to temp, I assume things will be easier to manage??

Thanks!!

try to raise your supply temp to about 110 or 115 it still will take at least 4 hours to notice a warmer supply temps

I ran 90* in my basement and if I remember correctly, it took 12 hours or so to get basement up to temp. Your shop slab is a big heatbank and it takes a while to heat up. Once heated though, it takes a while to cool down. Like Frank said, if you want a quicker response, up your supply temp. You can always lower it back down after it's heated up.

Thanks for the responses.....I wasn't sure if I would damage anything with the higher temps...I just went out and bumped them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.