Rain cap Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WARDNEAL

Jun 13, 2010
Central Ks
I got my liner to day. 25' of 316ti with insulation, tile adapter and rain cap.

My questions are:

Appliance adapter- Do I need anything were the adapter goes into the insert? It is a tight fit. Also were the adapter hooks to the flex their are screw hole in the adapter so do I just screw it to the flex?

Tile adapter to the flex- Do I just use a clamp? This is much looser 1/2 too big.

Rain cap to flex or to the tile adapter- how is this connected? The rain cap and tile adapter fit together tightly.

Thanks for the Help

I'm guessing your "tile adapter" is the top plate that seals down to your crown/flue and the flex passes through this. Mine had a clamp built in to keep the flex from moving. There is a small gap between the flex and the top plate though.

You can screw the adapter to the flex and fill in any gaps with furnace cement to ensure you are not getting any draft leaks.

The rain cap should be attached to the top plate (tile adapter) and not to the flex.

Status
Not open for further replies.