Rain rain rain ! Ugh.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

It did not rain all summer and baked our briches off with super high heat. Today I get up and it's pouring ice water rain. I finished installing the gas tank, pump, filler neck and shield last night thank goodness. This time of year is great but I could do without freezing rain! Good news the stove is going and slowly cleansing away my anger lol.

Pete

Much welcome rain here,started light late last night.Heavy lightning/thunder around 4-5AM.Stopped an hour ago with 3/4" in rain gauge so far.More storms expected later today & tonight.57 right now,may hit 70 this afternoon.

First real rain here in almost a month,just a few sprinkles off & on 2 times since then.

There was a heavy frost here this morning, lows hit around 26 degrees last night. Calm, sunny and beautiful out now, still chilly at 39 degrees.

Ya, now that I want to get into the woods it's been very wet. Dry all summer.....well that's how it goes!

Yep, nothing but rain the last couple days, and more for the next 8 out of nine. Makes sense, since I just got the saw running again.:mad:
Supposed to be nice Monday, so I'll go do some more cutting in the woods and maybe get that hauled to the stacks.
We need the rain, so.........

Yep, nothing but rain the last couple days, and more for the next 8 out of nine. Makes sense, since I just got the saw running again.:mad:
Supposed to be nice Monday, so I'll go do some more cutting in the woods and maybe get that hauled to the stacks.
We need the rain, so.........

Dave I could do with snow to be honest ! This last year of pure heat has been a killer for us. We like snow which is partially why I moved back to Michigan from Southern California. Which is Gorgeous too but no snow.

Pete

Reactions: ScotO
I'm with ya, Pete! I love winter..........its my favorite season, no lie......

I pulled the rain gauge a couple days ago so don't know how much has fell so far. Looks like a roller coaster type week coming up.

I heard from somewhere that 1 inch of rain would equal a foot of snow. By the end of this weekend, we would have two feet of snow. Rains projected for the upcoming week, too. Wondering if this means we will have a very snowy winter. Glad that I moved the 12/13 wood into the storage tomb two weeks ago.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Another 1 1/2" with heavy lightning & thunder,few strong gusts overnight. Still light rain coming down,ending in a few hours.Too late for this year's crops but will be helpful for next spring.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.