Rangeley back puffing under stove top

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub381

Minister of Fire
Feb 4, 2011
Mid-coast Maine
It was puffing around the door which tells me to tighten the latch again and it was puffing under the stovetop around the gasket.Not under the grill,it has done it with a small fire and with primary wide open or at 50%.This is the 2nd time.Sounds like gasket is loose.I looked up under it and it looks almost like the gasket isn't even in place very well.Prob should just call dealer!

Well it could be but i can't reach it,it's 12 feet above my roof and this roof has a hell of a pitch.Have to call a sweep i guess.I'll brush it this weekend and see what i get for light up there.

Sounds like you are on the right track, someone or thing is compromising your draft.

Draft issue, perhaps exacerbated by milder temps?

Should just get a Fireview.

Yeah the temps are playing with us we know.Fireview is ordered in Honey Glo.lol

Drafting fine today,just the weather i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.