Rare Commodity- Actual Seasoned Hardwood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluttermagnet

Minister of Fire
Jun 23, 2008
Mid Atlantic
Just for general interest. I don't know this MD seller. A little pricey.

Premium Oak Firewood (Rockville)

It looks to be the real deal, provided his count is accurate.

3na3pc3lc5O15T15P2a7m6bd2a11ef1471447.jpg

So now you guys can no longer say that nobody sells seasoned wood.
They're just a real rare bird, that's all. ;-)

Rare indeed, but we already know there are a few. For example: quads sells some good dry wood and I sell some once in a while.

Looks like the real deal!

Finding drywood for sale around where I live is like finding a unicorn or a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. I had to buy 1 cord of white birch and 2 cords of softwood (in addition to my current stockpile).

3 hrs from where I live, there's a guy who employs 2 men who stack wood for him ALL SUMMER LONG. He sells about 3000 cords of wood per season. He stacks his wood always 2 years ahead. What a size of yard he has, what a ton of wood.

I am hoping to start a little business: buying 8 foot logs then sawing and splitting them, selling them. NOBODY around me does it! Yet lots of people heat with wood!

Andrew

Delivered and stack that's not bad...

smokinjay said:

What he says is
We split this wood 18 months ago, stacked it on pallets, and covered it. We will deliver a generous cord for $275.
so I think that's actually dumped at that price.

Oh BTW I met a local who sells only Oak and he dumps an accurate cord for about 200. to 220. My next door neighbor paid him 220. last fall for a cord, supposedly 'seasoned' from the bottom of a big pile. His is generally not seasoned wood. His source is a buddy with a tree removal company. Just for comparison.

Cluttermagnet said:
smokinjay said:

What he says is
We split this wood 18 months ago, stacked it on pallets, and covered it. We will deliver a generous cord for $275.
so I think that's actually dumped at that price.

Oh BTW I met a local who sells only Oak and he dumps an accurate cord for about 200. to 220. My next door neighbor paid him 220. last fall for a cord, supposedly 'seasoned' from the bottom of a big pile. His is generally not seasoned wood. His source is a buddy with a tree removal company. Just for comparison.
There is some dealers out there but to carry your cost for 18months is the problem. Better deal buying green if you hold it.

Status
Not open for further replies.