Rattle Rattle go away!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bxpellet

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2007
Bronx, NY
So we got the Advance going pretty good this winter even with the (higher ash content Okies, but that's another story)Anyway I have lousy eye sight, always did, but my hearing is perfect almost to perfect. and little rattles noises bother me, every-time my stove drops pellets, as the auger would grind away the back panels would rattle, also when you close the side doors on my stove that tin noise goes right threw me. I installed (Rattle trap or Fat mat) a sound deadening material to quiet the ride and improve the stereo sound on my Subaru and it made a big difference, I also install a few strips on the thin metal panels that rattle, she has been quietly humming away since they went on. This product is rated for up to 300 degrees and these panels never get hot.

Thats it :coolsmile:
BX

Attachments

• IMG-20110102-00164[2].jpg
    IMG-20110102-00164[2].jpg
    36 KB · Views: 299
Great solution...

I bought several 5X10' sheets of sound deadening material a few years ago at an automotive swap meet. The stuff was used inside commercial generator cabinets. I might just try some on my stove to quiet it down...

Had extra so why not, when I close the side doors now you get a thud instead of a clang!! on the car and stove

Great solution, BX!

Krooser, are you sure you aren't just going to build a box out of that stuff you have, and seal your mother-in-law inside it? ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.