ravelli/ecoteck Francesca problem on start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Binwah

Sep 28, 2022
Belgium
Hi.
I have the problem that when i want to start my Fracensca pellet stove that after it fills the little bucket with pellets and they start glow because of the candle but then the smoke exaust should start turning and it doesnt. Stove goes in alarm and gives error. When i push the button to get rid of the error the stove goes into final cleaning and then u can here the smoke exaust work?! When i try to start the stove after this issue, after final cleaning or cooling, the stove starts up with no problem. This happens aover and over again, its the only way to light the stove. I cleaned the stove, cleaned the exaustsensor, addapted the parameters in the default settings menu (with codeA9) notthing is helping me. Can anyone tell me where the problem might be after reading the above. Thanks a lot

Sounds like the smoke fan (aka: exhaust or combustion fan) might have a problem, like a tight bearing, which causes it to not turn, or turn slowly, before the bearing frees itself up a little. It could also be alot of ash buildup inside the fan housing. Did you pull the fan out and clean in there?

The smoke fan motor has an RPM sensor that tells the control board how fast the fan is spinning. If the fan spins much slower than what the control board expects, that triggers the smoke fan alarm/warning.

During the pellet lighting phase, the smoke fan is operated at a medium speed. During the Final Cleaning phase, the smoke fan is operated at maximum speed. The bearing probably breaks free only when the control board applies full voltage to the fan during Final Cleaning, that's why you can then restart the stove successfully after the first failure.

When the stove (and the smoke fan/motor) is cold, can you easily rotate the motor? It should turn very very easily by hand. If not, try to lubricate the bearings...which are not easy to get at......or just replace the fan/motor.

Last edited:
Hi Thanks for the reply. After a lot of searching and testing i came to a conclusion. To reply on your question, the motor turn very smooth. It just doestn start, if i give a little spin, it works nice a i should. So the condensator, or starter of a halogeen lamp or TL-lamp as we say in Belgium, need to be replaced i guess. I'll go and by it and keep yal posted

My fan motor uses a 3uF capacitor, not a 1uF.
Try a 3uF.

There are 2 capacitors in the stove. Perhaps you replaced the capacitor for the room fan, rather than the capacitor for the exhaust fan.

Last edited:
My fan motor uses a 3uF capacitor, not a 1uF.
Try a 3uF.

There are 2 capacitors in the stove. Perhaps you replaced the capacitor for the room fan, rather than the capacitor for the exhaust fan.
Hi, thx for the reply.
On the exhaust fan motor (Ecofit 2RECA3) is written 1uF, on the capacitator to, so i figured it was the safest to replace a capacitator with the same specs. Is on your fan motor written 3uF? If that is the case, its logic.

My Ecoteck/Ravelli stove uses an EBM-Pabst motor which uses a 3uF. Your stove uses a different brand motor, which apparently uses a 1uF. I think you need to replace your motor, if it doesnt start with the new capacitor.

Hi
Idd that was my conclusion to.
I'm happy to say that i received the new motor from Itay , I installed it and problem solved!
FIXED

Reactions: Mt Bob