rdust will be cutting wood soon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
For those who may not know, rdust had back surgery last week and he reports that he is doing fine. Naturally he'll have some pain for a while but a man like him won't be down a long time.

Congratulations rdust and we hope you heal fast. Then you can get back out there to cut more wood.

Get well soon Rdust.

And a get well soon from over here!!!

Thanks for the well wishes! I didn't have anything "crazy" done, I had microdiscectomy done to remove the extruded piece of a herniated disk that is was pushing on my S1 nerve root. It's far too soon to tell if I'll get total relief from this but I don't "appear" to be any worse then before I went in so that's good. :lol: My issue now will be not to re-herniate the disk before it has ample time to scar over/heal up.

The good news is that with the BK you will only need 12 splits for the whole winter. :coolsmirk:

Glad to hear that it is going well guy.

rdust, I hope you forgive me for posting that, but you are such a nice guy and I thought others might like to know about the surgery. Now everyone will be waiting for winter to see how you are doing loading that new stove.

Hey rdust, glad to here it went well, let her heal up good before you go crazy with it.

If it's anything like my back injury (2 broken vertrae and 3 discs herniated. It will be a long healing process. I did the damage in Nov and without painkillers taken every couple hours I would not be able to function most days.

Sorry to hear about the surgery but very happy to hear it went well and he is recovering!

Rdust, you are not too far from me (I'm in Commerce Twp). If you need a hand with wood chores, let me know!!!

Hope things go well hope to cut with you some time....Awesome stumps! ;-)

Thanks everyone!

BrotherBart said:
The good news is that with the BK you will only need 12 splits for the whole winter. :coolsmirk:

Glad to hear that it is going well guy.

One of the reasons I purchased it. I figured it would only use 2-3 splits a month according to all the reviews. :lol:

Backwoods Savage said:
rdust, I hope you forgive me for posting that, but you are such a nice guy and I thought others might like to know about the surgery. Now everyone will be waiting for winter to see how you are doing loading that new stove.

Dennis, no problem at all. I was going to post something but it would've taken too much energy. :lol: If I can't get the stove loaded Laura will be able to handle it. No way she'll go back to being cold in the winter after heating with wood. I'm just glad I listened to the wise ones on the group when I started reading and built up a 3 year supply. If I can't cut for a while I'll be fine.

NATE379 said:
If it's anything like my back injury (2 broken vertrae and 3 discs herniated. It will be a long healing process. I did the damage in Nov and without painkillers taken every couple hours I would not be able to function most days.

I can only imagine the discomfort/pain you're in. I have a pars defect which allowed my L5 to split forward in my S1 some. The medical term is spondylolisthesis. It's not known how long that's been an issue which we may not have found if I didn't herniate the S1-L5 disk. At some point in the future the spine doctor think I'll have to have the S1-L5 fused but he wants to put that off as long as he can since I'm young and it tends to cause other levels to fail.

Capt said:
Rdust, you are not too far from me (I'm in Commerce Twp). If you need a hand with wood chores, let me know!!!

Heck of an offer and I thank you! I should be good for a while, I have 6 cords in the racks near the house so for this year I'm covered. If I find a score and need help with it I can let you know if you'd like and we can split it. I plan to take it easy for a while though.

Sorry I missed this a couple of days ago! Hope ya heal up quickly and completely.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery rdust....the s1 nerve root can literally be a pain in the a$$!!! :lol: Even though it was a discectomy....it was still surgery and take good care of yourself...
boy those Blaze Kings sound like somethin else....wowza....I don't know much about them...only a newbie...will research them though to educate meself....I see a lot of burners here have them though...bet you won't be cold this winter...
Happy Healing! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.