RE: Pics from some recent Maine snowmobiling trips

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighterjake

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
Unity/Bangor, Maine
Quality may not be that good since they were taken by my friend's Droid cell phone.

Pics are from a recent ride in the Millinocket Area near Baxter State Park . . . mountain is the distance is Mt. Katahdin.

Attachments

• mill1.jpg
    mill1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 384
  • mill2.jpg
    mill2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 382
  • mill6.jpg
    mill6.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 374
  • mill3.jpg
    mill3.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 366
  • mill4.bmp
    691.1 KB · Views: 479
  • mill5.jpg
    mill5.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 389
Here's me wearing my trapper hat that my sister in Alaska sent to me . . . made out of beaver fur and sheepskin leather. I need to send it back to her though since it is a bit large . . . my wife says it looks like I'm all hair and a rabid beaver is attacking my head.

This photo is taken near the local restaurant in town where we typically ride to for breakfast before starting out on our rides.

Attachments

• doofusinhat.jpg
    doofusinhat.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 395
Not really all that picturesque . . . I mean there would have been some cool shots of the mountains and the B-52 bomber wreckage site on Elephant Mountain . . . but for some reason my buddy never took any of those pics . . . instead he shot this pic of a bunch of sleds parked on Moosehead Lake in front of the Black Frog Restaurant . . . the only place I've seen that offers moose balls on the menu . . . of course they're $1,200 or so and you have to give 24 hours notice . . . also one of the few places that offered a free Skinny Dip sandwich . . . if you actually skinny dipped into the often frigid Moosehead Lake . . . at least they did until someone took them up on the offer and a local resident pitched a fit.

Attachments

• greenville.jpg
    greenville.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 405
Looks like alot of fun.

great pics, I have been thinking of registering my sled in Maine next year for those extended trips we do up to pittsburg.

In another lifetime someone in our household used to race sleds. We even have a couple of trophies sitting around here...

Great pics, I just bought an older Ski-Doo MXZ 700. This season is almost over but I look forward to next!

Nice pictures. Thanks for posting them Jake.

Status
Not open for further replies.