Rear or Top exit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 23, 2005
I have a Coalbrookdale Much Wenlock coal stove. it is set up for rear venting. I would like to switch it to top venting and it has that provision. However, it seems that whoever set it up for rear venting sealed the seams on the bayonet type locking mechanism with cement. I can't budge it. Is it a lost cause, or is there some trick to freeing it up ?

Thanks
JM

If you can't gt at it from inside, outside, with screwdrivers, with pb blast, thent here is only one answer. Heat it up, or hit with a sledge(gently). Onthe other hand, I'd wait for someone who has seen one of these before, as there may be a trick to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.