Received my pellet delivery from Lowes today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveo

Jun 6, 2008
Maine
I bought 4 tons of the Green Team pellets from Lowes a couple of weeks ago for $788 and free delivery. I put a note saying do not deliver unless they are Green Team. The guy showed up today and put them all right where I wanted them. After the guy set all four tons in place, I told him that it looks like I have room for 4 or 5 more tons. He told me that the price on Green Teams is now like $260 per ton if I was to order more. I asked why the price hike and he said the demand and that Green Team is a better pellet than the others they carry. Sounds like Lowes might be learning that not all pellets are the same.

It will be interesting to see if they all do that, or it will hold on at all. Should allow for some competition from the independent dealers instead of having them pushed out.

I ordered 4 ton from Lowes last week at $179 per ton. They were out of stock and was promised 2 greene teen and 2 prest to logs. They have been sitting in my driveway for the past week. Today I finally made room in the garage for the 4 ton. While unrapping the nice shrink wrap I stacked them to alternate between greens and prestos. When I got to the third ton, they were a different pellet. The 2nd two pallets are AMF wood pellets. Anyone have any review of AMF before I call to have them replaced??

Thanks

Indy3 said:
I ordered 4 ton from Lowes last week at $179 per ton. They were out of stock and was promised 2 greene teen and 2 prest to logs. They have been sitting in my driveway for the past week. Today I finally made room in the garage for the 4 ton. While unrapping the nice shrink wrap I stacked them to alternate between greens and prestos. When I got to the third ton, they were a different pellet. The 2nd two pallets are AMF wood pellets. Anyone have any review of AMF before I call to have them replaced??

Thanks

If its AWF you should be fine! Only complaints I have heard are some long ones. But supposed to corrected now!

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/42511/P308/#529878

I had a bad batch/ton last season. Average length was 2" with some over 3"... If they are short (Which they are normally within PFI standards), then burn away. They are a good pellet and no need to return.

Just looked at AWF's this weekend at the Lowes ($197.00) in Buckhannon, WV... The pellets that were in a damaged bag were all shorter than 2". Sounds like I should have bought a ton.

save$ said:
It will be interesting to see if they all do that, or it will hold on at all. Should allow for some competition from the independent dealers instead of having them pushed out.

Just stopped by a Lowes and they increased their prices from $197 to $224.50 since last week. All they had in stock were Greene Teams. I also saw some GT Platinum.

Status
Not open for further replies.