Recommended Installers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redislespud

Nov 18, 2012
Hi all,

Its seems like general knowledge of Gasification Boilers on Prince Edward Island is quite rare. I realize that most plumbers are quite capable of doing an install, but I would love to have an installer recommended that has experience and knowledge of installing Gasification boilers. Even better someone that has experience with the Econoburners and excess storage capacity. Can anyone make a recommendation?

W

Actually there are gasification boiler dealers on PEI, Ensight bio sells HS TARM and WOODPECKER.
Also some DIY installs that are awesome. Very nice empyre setup done recently.
Put PEI on your post heading and they will chime in.

Hi there NovaScotian,

Thanks for the Reply. I have been talking with an installer that also sells the Empyre indoor models. This seems like a good unit. Probably not as well built as the Econoburner but then again it does not apear to have the hefty price tag either. Have you herd any the pro's and cons on the Empyre units?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Actually there are gasification boiler dealers on PEI, Ensight bio sells HS TARM and WOODPECKER.
Also some DIY installs that are awesome. Very nice empyre setup done recently.
Put PEI on your post heading and they will chime in.

I have no experience with either boiler, they both look like good boilers.

Corrigan's in Charlottetown intalled mine. They have an out side contractor plumb the wood boiler into the oil system, then an out side electrician wired the system. These guys were the neatest tradesmen I have ever seen.
Pm me if you want further details.

Status
Not open for further replies.