Red Maple Leaner Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
After bringing the Beech back home I ran back in so I could grab the Sugar Maple leaner. After making the first cut I made four more but it still would not come out of the pine so I yanked it out with the rhino.

Nothing huge but I'm glad I got it this year.

I will be checking some leaf I.D. on this today, nrford thinks it is red maple and he is most likely right.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4062.jpg
    100_4062.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 473
  • 100_4063.jpg
    100_4063.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 470
  • 100_4064.jpg
    100_4064.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 479
Perfect size to handle and a single split if any is all you need..

Ray

Nice job getting the maple down. How much color change do you have on your foliage? So far around here everything is changing color except for the oaks and they are as green as ever.

certified106 said:
Nice job getting the maple down. How much color change do you have on your foliage? So far around here everything is changing color except for the oaks and they are as green as ever.

The last heavy rain we received took off a lot of the leaves but what are left have changed some, more yellow then red or orange.

zap

How many turkeys hanging around?

zap

quite a few! :cheese:

2 groups of about a dozen hanging around...

this is my buddy's house down about 4 fields...

DSC09999-1-1.jpg

Nice pictures, they will start to show up here once the lead starts to fly. :vampire:

zap

Beautiful birds but I'm sure you never see any deer... ;-P

Sorry Zap but that is red maple not Hard "sugar" maple.

nrford, I'll be back in today so I'll get a picture of the leaves. The weight of it felt like sugar maple but I've been wrong before.

zap

Heaterhunter said:
Beautiful birds but I'm sure you never see any deer... ;-P

word has it that there is a 8 point hanging out with a 9 point :) i havent seen them but i might set a camera out today ;-)

loon

loon said:
quite a few! :cheese:

2 groups of about a dozen hanging around...

this is my buddy's house down about 4 fields...

DSC09999-1-1.jpg
Loon, you not got one of them for the oven today? Happy "T" Day

nrford said:
Sorry Zap but that is red maple not Hard "sugar" maple.

nrford, red it is.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4075.jpg
    100_4075.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 204
After nearly 25 years in the timber industry I'm pretty good at a lot of species but we don't have them all here in N. Mi. Hard And Soft Maple can be a challenge for many and I may even have a little trouble once in a great while, but can usually sort it out!

zapny said:
red it is.
I cut some earlier this Summer and gave it to a couple of in-laws. Seems pretty dry now...looking forward to seeing it in action. Should be good shoulder wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.