Regency Blower noisy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew77

Oct 26, 2015
Canada
Hi guys;

I have two Regency 2400. One has never given me any problems ever.

The second has the noisiest blower on it I've heard. I had the motor replaced twice. I even located the manufacturer of the turbine fans as they looked lopsided and maybe caused flutter.

The stove upstairs has the side baffles welded to the sides where the newer one has free held baffles.
These rattle sometimes as well but the fan is the main culprit.

It rattles to the point where I have to shut off the blower.

Is there another blower of better quality I can purchase for the Regency?

Andrew

Did you try switching the blower units between the two stoves? I think I'd try that
first to make sure it is in fact the blower that's giving you the problem, & not something
rattling on one of the stoves.

Reactions: edge-of-the-woods
Hi Bob;

Yes, sorry I should have mentioned that in my list of problem solving tactics.
The "problem stove" was markedly quieter with the "good" blower.
The non-welded sides were far quieter with the good blower as opposed to the noisy one.

The problem is in the blower itself, not necessarily the amount of air but the shimmy-ing of the blower.

I find the blowers they use are not as good as they used to be. The quality control is lacking.
I've actually had to detach the blower from the stove and have it sit on a mount so the blower has no contact with the
stove itself but the moving air is directed into the back chamber where the air flow should go.

I've plugged the blower into an Insteon (automated lighting) unit that lets me control it from a remote and a light switch on a wall.

I'm a little let down that I have to go to these lengths for what should be a great product.
I know companies always have to save pennies and I fully understand that. But when it comes between the bottom line and the quality of your
product I'd have to go with quality.

I'm sorry to say I'd not recommend Regency to others for fear that they'd have the same issue
and be pissed that I didn't warn them.

Again, if there's another blower that I can hook up that works I'm all for it.

I've spent far too much money on these blower thus far to want to try another to see if the next one is good.
Andrew

How old is the I2400 and how old is the blower? I have an I3100 w/blower and the blower operates very quietly. Mine is 7 yrs old.

Hey Drew
My blower is fine and, as you may know, it's new last year

What does your dealer say about all this? Are they helping or have the given up on you? How about Regency - any luck with them? I find Regency to be pretty good in resolving issues. I'd have expected the dealer to simply replace the entire blower assembly.

BTW, our I3100 blower is great with no issues other than hen I have it installed a little "off" and it vibrates the housing against the insert.

What does your dealer say about all this? Are they helping or have the given up on you? How about Regency - any luck with them? I find Regency to be pretty good in resolving issues. I'd have expected the dealer to simply replace the entire blower assembly.

BTW, our I3100 blower is great with no issues other than hen I have it installed a little "off" and it vibrates the housing against the insert.

+1 on contacting Regency, I found them to be really receptive and helpful.

+1 on contacting Regency, I found them to be really receptive and helpful.
I actually didn't find them helpful. They told me to contact the dealer. And when I contacted the dealer they sold me another blower that rattled. I then tried to order one from another dealer. I opened the box right there and showed them the problem with the wow in the turbine blades. They agreed and sent it back.

To answer Retreadsme's post, the older blower I have is great. The newer one has always been the noisy one. And every blower I've tried after that.

So back to my first question, is there some other blower out there I can look into?

Drew

Just in case you didn't talk to this guy at Regency, this is who I talked to when I was having troubles. He was committed to getting things right with the stove.

Joe GiannandreaDirector, Technical Services

Regency Fireplace Products ... 30 Years of Quality!
6988 Venture Street, Delta, BC Canada V4G 1H4
Phone: 604-946-5155

Fax: 604-952-6629

E-mail: [email protected]

Hi edge-of-the-woods

I actually contacted Joe in January.

He told me to tighten the screws in the back of the stove.
(this wasn't the issue clearly)

But, in hopes he's the guy with any solution, I've emailed him again with the issue.

I'll keep the forum updated on the outcome.

Sent an email to Joe again. Zero reply.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/regency-f2400-blower-is-noisy.143152/

This solved my issue.
I'll not be buying another Regency again if this is where there quality is headed.
The stove itself is fine but the third party blower is junk. But I understand in this economy you have to
cheap out on this stuff to make a better profit.
Just wondering when they'll cheap out on the actual stove itself...

We started out with a Droulet bought on sale at a big box store. Five years later we put up an addition and bought a second stove, this time a Regency that cost over twice the Droulet price. Two years later we sold the fancy Regency out of the living room and moved the Droulet into its place.

Status
Not open for further replies.