Regency ci1250 temperature gauge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Willgray2010

Dec 10, 2019
New hampshire
Hi,

I am new to wood burning, I started my first fire as I am wrighting this thread. How do you gauge the temperature on a stove insert? I have a stovetop thermometer placed at the top center of the door of my Regency ci1250. I also got one of those laser thermometers but I'm not sure where to take the reading from.I am afraid to over fire the stove. Also any tips and tricks for a newbie would be much appreciated

Thanks!

That's a tough one. The top of the door is probably the best location. If you can point your IR thermometer in the convection outlet at the stovetop that would work too. Have you watched this video?

That's a tough one. The top of the door is probably the best location. If you can point your IR thermometer in the convection outlet at the stovetop that would work too. Have you watched this video?

The flue outlet is blocked by the stoves faceplate, I guess I could leave it off for a few fires until I get to know the stove. Thanks for that video too, alot of good information in it.

Hi,

I just wanted to Inform you if you have questions about your regency insert calling customer support wont be of any help. I called them to ask about thermometer placement and they said " we cannot recommend a placement for a thermometer because the different brands of thermometers vary so widely" so then I asked so how will I know if I am over firing the stove, they said "if using the correct wood and stacking Technique the stove should not over fire" I feel like that is bull**** if that was they case they should have put that in the stoves manual.

But I have found placing a magnetic stove top thermometer on the top center of the door but so that half of the magnet is sticking down in front of the glass it is extremely close to the stove top reading with the IR thermometer through the convection ports where the hot air comes out when the blower is on

Hope this helps anyone with this stove