Regency I2400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjanisieski

Jan 16, 2010
Springfield, MA
Purchased a Regency I2400 and finished installing this morning. Had fun connecting the flex liner (a lot of foul language from my brother and I). Never worked with liners before and don't really wish to again, I like the twist and lock feature of stove pipe! Anyways had the first small fire afterwards and was happy to see no smoke in the house! A little hard to get going at first (had to keep the door cracked open a little), but got going pretty good. Got the temp up to around 250 degrees.

Have the hampton HI300 which is the same stove with an enamel face. I set the thermometer ont the top shelf and run at 200-300 regularly. Have stoked it to 425 a few times in 20 below temps. It throws a lot of heat!

I also have a Hampton and get great heat. Di you run the flex pipe all the way to the top? And my first fire I used the skid it came on for kindling which started great.

Flex to daylight with an insulated liner. Also a blockoff plate below. I added the liner and plate and WOW did it make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.