Reliant Industries Tempest pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coldgeo

Nov 12, 2009
southcolo
I've had this nifty Tempest 15 years running great. But of all things, the auger motor shaft just broke. In searching the web, saw a few people also looking for parts but they never follow up if they found any. Probably because they didnt. But I came across this interesting site so thought I'd share some info.
There is a link to a firm called Applied Control Electronics, I called them November 2009, they say the link is in error, they have absolutely no parts for Reliant stoves.
The auger motor I'm looking for is made by Merkle-Korff Industries of Elk Grove Village, IL but are not available any more.
The motor is a 12 volt DC 2rpm permanent magnet type.
The Merkle people suggested Energy Parts Plus, El Dorado CA, they were knowledgeable about pellet stoves but had no parts for Reliant. (Some mistakenly say Reliance, but its Reliant).
So, Does anyone know of parts for this 15 year old stove?
Coldgeo

You might try these folks and see if what is on the link might work for your stove. I would also give them a call if the motors listed won't fit your unit. One of the other forum members posted this link a while back. Let us know how you make out.

http://www.cshincorporated.com/index.php/cPath/40

David

Thanks for the swift replies. The listed links did not have an exact replacement, but there may be some substituting I can do. First I think I need to take the cover plate off my motor and measure shaft length etc. before proceeding. i would never have thought of Grainger for example, even though I have purchased from them.
So finding this site, and your helpful hints is is great. I will keep you posted.
George
Dont know much about posting stuff, or what my sig should be. But I'm Rocky Mountain high at 7000 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.