Remember when.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
it wasn't so long ago, when there was a bunch of us discussing wether or not to sift pellets. Too funny ! We've come a long way in just a few years . Muss

Remember when...... Pellets were about $300 a ton?? Dont want to remember that. Still have Nightmares. Bad way to start out burning... I thought I was doing a good thing by burning pellets. Then that happened.

Now I have been able to get them for 2 yrs for $175-$200 (high end), but $180 is a good average and a good price. IMHO.

The Law of Supply and Demand in action. Supply of pellets has increased (many more pellet mills out there) along with demand, but overall prices have fallen over the years. We can only hope the trend continues. I won't even look at pellets priced above $4/bag any more.

Pellet burners are a true success story of "green/renewable" energy actually working. They're a great alternative to wood burning stoves (much less mess and effort), and much, much less expensive than heating with propane, oil, or electric.

Remember when a bushel of corn was $1.80 and went way heavy? You only had one or maybe two types of pellets to pick all season? Cleaning without a leaf blower?

Status
Not open for further replies.