Remote starter for 25-PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy118

Sep 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Has anyone cobbled up a remote starter for this stove? I'm thinking of a mechanical solenoid/clockwork gear that is run off a momentary switch controlled by a timer. The timer makes the circuit, fires the momentary switch and in the case of the solenoid it pushes the button to turn the stove on,,,, or in the case of the clockwork mechanism it then goes through an off delay timer that allows a gear to turn with a cog on it that pushes the "on" button,,,,,,,,
Since I do not run my stove overnight, (due to it not really heating the upstairs that well and freezing forced hot water pipes on the first floor when stove dosen't allow furnace to run that zone). it would be really neat to wake up to a nice toasty first floor!!!
I have fixed the freezing water pipes by using a 1 hr timer that closes both t-stats (upstairs and downstairs) for 3 minutes every 15 minutes when it's so cold out that there is a danger of them freezing. does the same thing as the gizmo i've read about here that sells for $69.99,,,, but I had all the parts on hand already.

I think I'll draw something up and post it if I can,,,,,,I'm picturing that little bird looking thing that sits next to a galss of water and just keeps dipping his beak into the glass,,,,,,remember???

John (always thinking)

I have been trying to teach my cat to push the on button. No luck so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.