remote t-stat upgrade options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dood

Dec 17, 2020
Baltimore, MD
I started out looking for some options to replace my batt op Acumen RX remote for regency gas hearth with something hardwired (tired of changing AAs twice a season when I have an empty receptacle). But now I'm wondering if there aren't any more advanced options. I'd love to have ability to schedule time and room temps. Wifi? Google home/alexa integration. Do these things exist?

Yes, you will have to get a smart thermostat, that is Wi-Fi compatible. From there you have to hook it to your fireplace. Honeywell make a relay with a built-in power supply. One of my customers, had me set up an old Vermont casting stove like this, so he could turn the temperature up, before he gets to the house. With a smart thermostat, he used an app on his phone to control the temperature.