Remote Temperature Monitoring Device

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

markpee

Aug 12, 2008
Huson Valley New York
When I was exploring OWBs and gasification units, I ran across an OWB (can't remember which one) that had a "remote" monitoring panel. You could be in your house and be able to see boiler temp, if the circulator is running, etc. I think it's a great idea, especially for those of us with gasifiers in sheds. Has anyone done this for their EKO or know if there are any plans for Orlan to make something like this?

Now that is cool! I am living in the stone ages having to go down to my cellar every couple hours. Good luck with that NF.

nofossil said:
The elusive NFCS (NoFossil Control System) is rumored to have this capability. Agents have reported a web page that contains status information.

For just temperature you can do wireless barbecue thermometers.

i didnt understand it but it was neat!
wireless thermometers huh? im gonna have to look into this....

i use ranco controllers. i have them at each end of my system. my boiler and tanks are 250 apart. i can see my tank temp from my boiler and and my boiler temp at my tank. not as classy as nofossils but it works.

I like the data Nofossil - the problem is that I can tell what's going on at your house a few hundred miles away, and I still can't see my temp 100' from the house! :-S

markpee said:
I like the data Nofossil - the problem is that I can tell what's going on at your house a few hundred miles away, and I still can't see my temp 100' from the house! :-S

I have the same problem the other way around - I can see what's happening from any computer anywhere, but I can't see what's happening when I'm in the boiler room itself unless I take my laptop with me. All this technology and I end up putting my hand on a circulator to see if it's running.

Status
Not open for further replies.