Removing Brand Label from Door Glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinnell

Sep 13, 2011
No Colorado
Okay i'm almost ready to burn (50mph winds delayed the chimney liner install). Got the stove all setup and wondered how to i get that big PE label off the glass.

Don't want to use a razor blade, it won't peel off.

will it just burn off?

Is it on the fireside? Paper glued on? Would soaking it off work? I am just speculating here, but I would prefer to exhaust all possibilities for taking it off before burning, unless I knew that it would just burn away. What about asking the dealer?

on my BK stove, it's etched in the glass it looks like.

it's a paper label about 10 by 4 inches i tried to peel it off but if is stuck tight

mcollect said:
WD 40 works on just about all stickers.

If WD40 does not work for you, use a hair dryer. I had the same stickers on my new windows. The heat from the dyer will loosen up the glue and it will peal right off.

Goo Gone....It is great for removing labels......love that stuff..

I'd use the hair dryer and some gentle persuasion with a razor blade to get most of it off. Follow up with goo gone or similar.

gd9704 said:
I used goof off on mine. Goo gone didn't work. I think Goof Off is basically lighter fluid.

Wow...I was not aware Goof Off exists....gotta get some of that...JIC.. :)

GAMMA RAY said:
gd9704 said:
I used goof off on mine. Goo gone didn't work. I think Goof Off is basically lighter fluid.

Wow...I was not aware Goof Off exists....gotta get some of that...JIC.. :)

I found it also removes scuffs from my wife's shoes. Let's say I scored big points when I realized this!

Fast and easy way to remove stickers that most people have readily available is peanut butter. Rub it in with a paper towel. Doesn't work as well as goo-gone but you don't have to run to the store for it either.

rwhite said:
Fast and easy way to remove stickers that most people have readily available is peanut butter. Rub it in with a paper towel. Doesn't work as well as goo-gone but you don't have to run to the store for it either.

"You got your peanut butter on my stove sticker."

"You got my stove sticker in your peanut butter."

Two great things that work well together . . .

Apologies to Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. :)

hahahahahahahahaha

very funny :)

Status
Not open for further replies.