Replacement Combustion Blowers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Would you be interested in a rebuilding service for combustion blowers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtbrunner

Dec 9, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Looking for opinions regarding replacement combustion blowers, specifically the Fasco A082 and the Rotom HB-RBM120.

Has anyone used either of these blowers?

What was your experience with them (did the bolt holes line up)?

How have they held up (both have sleeve bearings instead of ball bearings like OEM)?

Did they make more noise than the original (before it went bad)?

Did you notice any impact on stove performance (A082/RMB120 rated at 2800 RPM vs. 3000 on OEM)?

Did you feel you got what you paid for?

I got the A082 for my old Englander. Seeing how its a replacement part for it, no changes. But it is quiet. I will have to check what the replacement motor for my Quad is. I bought a replacement last season. Just to have one on the shelf. I believe its a Rotom. Just not sure of the model #??

What stove do you have?? It helps if you create a Signature. Go to the top of the screen. Click on Your Control Panel. Then look to the left side of the screen. You will see Signature in a list. Click there and type in what you got. (Stove, pellets, hearth related items)

I do have the Rotom HB-RBM120 For my Quad. I put it on for a few days last year. Just to check it out. It does sound a little different. Louder maybe?? But I know it has oil ports and that eas a feature I liled. I bought it for the shelf. So I have one, when my original fails. Any other questions you have, you can PM me. Its a heck of a lot cheaper than Quads replacment. So if it only lasts X amount of years and the Quad would have been 1 more yr of service. Then it was money well spent. Or saved for that matter.

One question for you... So I dont have to run to the shop and look at the Englander. Are those the same motor replacements?? If so, then the Fasco is a little quieter. IMO

The Rotom HB-RBM120 looks like it's a fit for the santa fe. Anyone know?? Thanks!

What does the poll have to do with the question you are asking in the post?

Unless your going to also rebuild the windings? I'd say most motors with bad bearings have already done their toll on the windings(over heated)!

You don't need to change out the whole fan. You can just get a new motor and use the impeller and other parts from the old unit. As long as they are not damaged anyway!

What if I told you you could get a replacement fan as good as OEM for about the same price as an HB-RBM120, interested?

heiligkuh said:
What if I told you you could get a replacement fan as good as OEM for about the same price as an HB-RBM120, interested?

Umm... Yeah. Thats why I came here to help others and get a little help myself... Its called HBO... Help a Brother Out!!

Who makes it? Whats ths RPM? Amps? Number of Fins? Oilable?

Motor is Fasco, 3000 RPM CWSE rotation, 1.3 Amp, 115VAC, C-Frame style ball bearing (no need for oiling), 12 blade fan (same as the one on RBM120/A082). PM for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.