Replacement door glass for Quadra-Fire 3100 Millinnium? New glass ordered and installed 12-24-10

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneCleanCutlass

Dec 8, 2010
Sanford Mi.
Hello all, first post as you can tell.

First off I have had my 3100 now for almost four years and absolutely LOVE it. I heat my entire house to about 80 - 85 degrees all winter with no problem, only a fan behind it to circulate the air.

Well, I have a problem now... my brother was over the other day while I was at work and he put some wood in and one piece wasn't in all the way, somehow he shut the door hard enough to shatter the glass :( I am now stuck with my propane furnace that I absolutely HATE to use because it costs so much money to run.

I was only able to find one price online for the glass - $240. I called the place that I bought the stove from and they want $160 for the glass, but it will be four weeks to get it!

Does anyone know of where I can #1 find the glass cheaper and #2 not have to wait four weeks to get it?

For now I am just going to cut some metal and put it in place of the glass, but I really want the glass to be there so I can see what the fire is doing - I feel much safer this way.

Thanks a ton in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

Did you get your bid from all seasons in midland. They do good work. Dave and the rest installed my 3100 step top. Love it heat my house for two years on what used to be one year worth of wood.

I might be able to get it on Friday if our Iowa warehouse has it in stock. what 3100 do you have exactly? Should be a ACT stove I am guessing, step top or millenium?

Do you need the glass gasket also? Or is that OK still?

cjsplitter said:
Did you get your bid from all seasons in midland. They do good work. Dave and the rest installed my 3100 step top. Love it heat my house for two years on what used to be one year worth of wood.

Yes, I bought the stove from them almost four years ago and was very happy, the $160 quote was through them but their supplier is four weeks out.

Wood Heat Stoves said:
your local glass shop doesn't stock neo ceram??

I honestly don't even know what neo ceram is, also don't know of any glass shops locally.

BeGreen said:

First I have seen that site, but I threw up a rough estimate of the dimensions and they quoted $75! How reliable is this site? What quality of work do they do? I will likely go this route, thank you very much for that link!

jtp10181 said:
I might be able to get it on Friday if our Iowa warehouse has it in stock. what 3100 do you have exactly? Should be a ACT stove I am guessing, step top or millenium?

Do you need the glass gasket also? Or is that OK still?

The gasket is great, no problems with that at all. My stove is a 3100 Millennium and I believe it is ACT. What is the pricing for the glass out there?

One Day glass appears to be a good business. Several folks here have bought glass from them and report satisfaction. jtp10181 is a Quad dealer and may be able to get you the exact part, so that would be good too.

Never heard any negatives on 1 day glass. $75 is a good price. Our local glass cutter charges .85 per square inch for pyro ceram. How the heck can it take a dealer 4 weeks to get a peice of glass? Is quad having some trouble? Where do babies come from?

A few pics of my setup, this is before it was up and running. We remodeled this entire room and added the woodstove - best decision I ever made! The money I have saved vs. burning propane to keep me comfortable has more then paid for the remodeling of three rooms and new carpet in almost all of my house so far! These pics were taken before the room was completely done, as you can see there is no trim anywhere yet (these pics were taken about four years ago)

roomrennovation029.jpg

roomrennovation032.jpg

Sorry was not even in the office today. I can check tomorrow morning I hope.

That is one giant ugly pipe sticking out of your ceiling. Looks like an old triple wall air cooled pipe or something. I hope for your sake its Class A though.

Looks like you might have an ACC stove. Man have those been out for 4 years already? The ACC has a up / down burn control on the top right area. And on the right bottom area there is a front / back slider for start-up and rear air control. The key difference is the start-up air is controlled by an automatic timer on the ACC.

No problem on the price check, I appreciate you taking the time to do it anyways!

That pipe is the original from the manufactured fireplace that was there. The old junk fireplace was removed as well as the wall that was around it. All new drywall in the entire room was put up as well as the pedastal for the woodstove was built. The pipe is actually double wall, 8" and 12" no idea what class it is though. I ran out of time and after seeking advice from others that burn wood as well as a local chimney sweep that has been in business for 20+ years the decision was made to re-use this pipe for now and that it was safe. I have been burning with it for now four years with no issue, though yes, the pipe is a huge eyesore and plans are being made to change that.

Yes, it is an ACC stove then and I love it. Keeps my house as warm as I want it and is very easy on the wood.

Just FYI, in no way is it safe to vent a free standing stove into a prefab ZC air cooled chimney. Anyone who told you as such should get their license / certifications revoked.

That flue system is tested to be attached to a prefab ZC unit ONLY. Tested as a system with a prefab unit. I hope you have not blocked off the outer cooling air jacket as well. If you have not, it would be dumping cold air into your house non-stop, so I suspect you have. If this is the case and you have a nice chimney fire, your roof / rafters will probably also start on fire.

List price on the door glass 7000-012 is $197.50
This has an arch on the top, its not square.

There is 80+ in stock in the Iowa warehouse, so not sure how it would take a dealer 4 weeks to get it.

I am sending you a PM with pricing, reply back if you want it. If I order it by 11am it will be here on Monday and I can ship it FedEx.

jtp10181 said:
Just FYI, in no way is it safe to vent a free standing stove into a prefab ZC air cooled chimney. Anyone who told you as such should get their license / certifications revoked.

That flue system is tested to be attached to a prefab ZC unit ONLY. Tested as a system with a prefab unit. I hope you have not blocked off the outer cooling air jacket as well. If you have not, it would be dumping cold air into your house non-stop, so I suspect you have. If this is the case and you have a nice chimney fire, your roof / rafters will probably also start on fire.

Wow, thanks for that info! Guess I should have done a little more resarch, makes me feel like an idiot now :red:

So, what is the best / safest way to go? I would like to get this right asap!

You just need any Class A pipe system. You can pickup SupraVent at a lot of hardware stores, or something like DuraTech (by Duravent) at stove shops.

Thought I would update this.

I went out and picked up a large sheet cake pan, measured the opening and cut the metal out of the pan and used that to block the hole so I could still use the stove. I ordered the glass from www.onedayglass.com Sunday night, it arrived this morning and is now in the stove. Fit is absolutely perfect, I am extremely happy! Thank you all for the help, it is very much appreciated!

For reference, if anyone else ever needs glass for one of these stoves, it cost me $100 shipped and was at my door in four days. When you go to order the glass from them, select the arch top pattern and they will ask for three measurements - width, height at the bottom of the arch, and height at the top of the arch.
Width - 15 1/2"
Height 1 (top of arch) - 11 3/8"
Height 2 (bottom of arch) - 9 7/8"
3/16" Neoceram glass

Hopefully that will save someone else the headache one day of doing all the measuring (not that hard, but why do it if you don't have to LOL)

Once again, thanks a million and Merry Christmas everyone!

Reactions: RLS_ia
Thought I would update this.

I went out and picked up a large sheet cake pan, measured the opening and cut the metal out of the pan and used that to block the hole so I could still use the stove. I ordered the glass from www.onedayglass.com Sunday night, it arrived this morning and is now in the stove. Fit is absolutely perfect, I am extremely happy! Thank you all for the help, it is very much appreciated!

For reference, if anyone else ever needs glass for one of these stoves, it cost me $100 shipped and was at my door in four days. When you go to order the glass from them, select the arch top pattern and they will ask for three measurements - width, height at the bottom of the arch, and height at the top of the arch.
Width - 15 1/2"
Height 1 (top of arch) - 11 3/8"
Height 2 (bottom of arch) - 9 7/8"
3/16" Neoceram glass

Hopefully that will save someone else the headache one day of doing all the measuring (not that hard, but why do it if you don't have to LOL)

Once again, thanks a million and Merry Christmas everyone!
I just used your info to order a glass for my 3100, still $100.33, Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.