Melissa89 Posted By Melissa89, May 3, 2018 at 10:20 PM

1. Melissa89

Melissa89
    New Member 2.
    NULL

May 2, 2018
    Loc:
    England
    I'm replacing a 12 year old Quadra-Fire 1200i insert as it's broken down twice over the past 2 seasons and the costs are starting to add up. The first to go was the auger motor, coupled with the feed control sensor.

Then this year the convection blower died and the electrical feed from the power connection to the control box and the control box itself need to be replaced.

I've narrowed my search down to these 3. Has anybody had any issues with these? Is there anything I need to look out for when picking one over the other?

Harman Accentra 52i-TC

Quadra-Fire Mt Vernon AE

Quadra-Fire Mt Vernon E2

Thanks in advance

2. zrock

zrock
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 2, 2017
    Loc:
    bc
    Probably not what you want to hear. But why replace you have just about replaced all the important parts?

Jack Morrissey likes this.
  3. jackhammer

jackhammer
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2015
    Loc:
    western ma
    I agree. I hate buying new just about anything. They don’t make things like they used to. My house is 20 years old and so are most things in it. I try to have things fixed if possible. I do have to say that I love my newer Harman. Definitely a good purchase after 15 years of faithful, trouble free service from my Breckwell stove.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. stovelark

stovelark
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 10, 2009
    Loc:
    SE CT
    I too would fix the Quad, its only about half done with its life. BUT if you want to replace it, all three stoves are great choices. The MV AE would be my third choice tho. Its expensive, more likely to have issues than the other two, but it is super quiet as the MV E2 is too. The Harman is the workhorse stove, is beautiful and would be most people's nr 1 choice. All 3 are nice stoves, high end as is their price...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello
    If you want something as reliable as the 1200I then I would go with the Harman P52i or another CB1200i :)

rona likes this.
  6. rona

rona
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Apr 2, 2008
    Loc:
    southwestern Minn
    I would go with the Harman. The AE has to many problems that you won't be able to fix yourself. The thermostat has all your controls and even static electricity can mess it up. All stoves have a learning experience but the AE has had many problems since it was released. They did fix most of them but they are a spendy outfit and spendy when you have problems. I bought one of the first ones so can give you a few things to watch.
    The igniters used to go bad so you will be given a spare with directions on how to replace it. The heavy cast iron baffle cracked and had to be replaced twice the first year. Second time they said you can't run it on high or it will crack.. the wall control didn't like static electricity so when it gets dry in the house you can have problems with that.
    My biggest problem was it has to quit burning when it empties the pot and the temp in the house drops while it dumps the pot and relights itself. Then there was instances when it started a fire in the hopper. Not sure why that happened maybe caused by burning corn but I never found out.
    Truth of the matter is you probably have spent more then half to refurbish what you own now so I would buy a couple more fans and keep what you have.