Replacing baffle on a 1980's Hearthstone I

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiant

Vermont Castings Geek
Dec 5, 2007
Old Lyme CT
Any help would be appreciated. I have a friend that wants to replace the back air baffle in a Hearthstone I. Anyone have any tips they wish to share ? I can't seem to find any manuals online. Most of my work is to Vermont Castings since I have manuals on all their older products and I have not worked on a Hearthstone in years.

Thanks in advance,
JPEG

:question:

Thanks Shari, getting the part is not the problem, removing the old one and replacing it would be helpfull.

Thanks JP

JP,

Sorry, I misread you post. I do have the owner's manuals for the I, II and III in .pdf form if that would help. I briefly read them for your issue and they do not contain any repair instructions but if you would want them send me a pm with your email address.

Shari

There is an older thread here:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/8572/
it featured several folks who had rebuilt old Hearthstones. Unfortunately the pictures are not up anymore, but perhaps some of those folks are still around and could answer your questions or repost if you post to that thread or something or click on their usernames or something?

:) Thanks,
I now have enough info to proceed with the repair, all of you have been very helpfull.

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.