resolute acclaim help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kaboko

Dec 14, 2020
mexico
Hello everyone,
sorry if i dont post this correctly as this is my very first post.
I have been using a vc resolute acclaim 2490 for the past 5 years with no real problems until i decided to regasket the door and the damper door...
I appeal to your knowledge, I scraped to the bare metal the gasket channel on the front door installed a lil thin bead of cement and then applied the 1/2 inch rope gasket that kit marked for the front door, so far so good, untill i tried to close the door .... it wont close, i tried adding washers to where it closes but door seems to be on an angle like the part wich closes first its too think and wont let it close or it closes but the other part wont seal, i have read that this is the correct gasket rope size, any ideas how can i make this door seal again??
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks in advance.

its a single door, manual says 1/2 inch i was thinking more a 7/16 or 3/8 since 5/16 is what the gridle is suposed to take.
thanks.

Last edited:
Manila the Resolute takes 5/16", your Res Acclaim indeed takes 1/2". BUT: not all gasket ing is created equal! It may be the right size but too "dense.". See if you can just find a different brand of gasket from a different source, maybe even stretch it a bit to thin it out. Also make sure all old cement is cleaned out.