Restacking some Cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Decided I wanted this cherry moved over in this area which gets more sun and wind, I cut and split this last October. I'll use the area I'm moving the cherry from for the beech I'm cutting this weekend.

Picture 2903 is the second load being moved, 2904 is the third load and 2905 is what I have left to move.

GIBIR

Attachments

• 100_2903.jpg
    100_2903.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 326
  • 100_2904.jpg
    100_2904.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 325
  • 100_2905.jpg
    100_2905.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 316
wood spliter said:
Looking good brother!

Spliter the rain finally stopped so the month of May is all about wood except for a boat ride once the water goes down and all the dead trees and limbs clear out.

zap

Its a shame you have to move it but if it will help dry then it will be worth the effort.

Backwoods Savage said:
Its a shame you have to move it but if it will help dry then it will be worth the effort.

Sav, I like my good hardwood (Sugar Maple & Beech) stacked seperate from the cherry, the cherry I'm moving will be used for the 2012-2013 heating season and the beech that will take it's place will be burned 3 years down the road. Looks like I will be making some other stacking areas around the house for more room.

GIBIR

Zap, I'm also doing a bit of sorting this year. The red and pin oaks will be stacked separately from the ash, cherry and elm.

Looks good.
I can't drive one of those fence posts without hitting a rock! Still have a bunch left over from the last place we lived with sandy soil.

velvetfoot said:
I can't drive one of those fence posts without hitting a rock!

Time for a bigger hammer ;-) I've also found that feeding a friend a few beers to hold the posts while I am on the ladder pounding is much better for my marriage than having my wife hold them.

Stunning work as always Zap.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, I'm also doing a bit of sorting this year. The red and pin oaks will be stacked separately from the ash, cherry and elm.

Sav, that area I'm moving the cherry from will be mostly beech. I just like the idea of knowing how much prime hardwood we have for the colder months, looks like we are at the point if we want to burn sugar maple or beech for a couple of months we will have enough for following years.

Oak is what's not in our stacks.

GIBIR

You'd have some might sore hands if you tried using that thing to drive t posts here. 10' step ladder and a sledge is much more effective when dealing with rock, clay, glacial till, etc. Just need someone willing to hold the post while you are swinging.

SolarAndWood said:
You'd have some might sore hands if you tried using that thing to drive t posts here. 10' step ladder and a sledge is much more effective when dealing with rock, clay, glacial till, etc. Just need someone willing to hold the post while you are swinging.

Agree I like a short handle sledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.