Restarting the Fire Tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
After the wife had it good and toasty, 79 in the cellar and 74 upstairs I let the coals burn down. Here are some pictures of the restart, we have basswood for kindling along with some smaller splits of cherry and one small round of beech then once that was going I added two good size splits of cherry.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1942.jpg
    100_1942.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_1943.jpg
    100_1943.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 100_1944.jpg
    100_1944.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_1945.jpg
    100_1945.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 192
I swear, it's something about the firebox on the Liberty, but it can make newspaper look like the bowels of Hell!

Pagey said:
I swear, it's something about the firebox on the Liberty, but it can make newspaper look like the bowels of Hell!

Pagey no newspaper, last year we came home from a hockey game to a cool house (cool flue also) had newspaper in the Liberty with a top down fire ready to go and smoked myself out so that was the last time. (it was my own fault) :red:

zap

No, I know you didn't have any paper. I was just basing statement on the observation of the difference between my Endeavor and my grandmother's Liberty. The Liberty has very strong secondaries the Endeavor just can't match. It's wild, mang.

Zap, just looking at those pictures gets one warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.