Restocking The Firewood Store

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
It starts with an old dead oak tree.
IMG_0431%20(1024x768).jpg

Then I cut it up.
IMG_0435%20(1024x768).jpg

Then split it and load it on the trailer.
IMG_0442%20(1024x768).jpg

And finally haul it to the warehouse where it waits patiently.
IMG_0038%20(1024x768).jpg

Until it's turn to be sold.
IMG_0612%2520%25281024x683%2529.jpg

quads said:
It starts with an old dead oak tree.
IMG_0431 (1024x768).jpg

Then I cut it up.
IMG_0435 (1024x768).jpg

Then split it and load it on the trailer.
IMG_0442 (1024x768).jpg

And finally haul it to the warehouse where it waits patiently.
IMG_0038 (1024x768).jpg

Until it's turn to be sold.
IMG_0612%20%281024x683%29.jpg

You're not selling that as "Seasoned" are you? :lol:

Nice you went so high up to get that Oak it was Snow and Springtime back on Earth. Nice pictures

egclassic said:
You're not selling that as "Seasoned" are you? :lol:
Nope, I never sell firewood as seasoned, even when I have some that is. I strive to have the best firewood possible for my customers (I even sort the occasional punky pieces out for my firepit). My customers are always informed of roughly when it was cut and split and all the people out here are used to burning green wood anyway, so they are always happy to have my dead oak, regardless.

Read Quads full post.....
The wood sits at his `warehouse`, waiting to be sold, meaning, i think, till the wood is ready, ie, seasoned...
Only then is it placed in the selling rack....
thats just my wee opinion....
John

cptoneleg said:
Nice you went so high up to get that Oak it was Snow and Springtime back on Earth. Nice pictures
The snowy pictures were taken last winter, restocking the store pic was taken this morning. We are in the middle of deer season here, so I didn't have any 'new' pictures of the manufacturing process. HAHA! One week from tomorrow I will finally be able to get out in the woods again!

48rob said:
Pretty honest folk out your way?

Rob
Yes, generally. I have never been ripped off directly (and I have sold A LOT of wood when I wasn't home, they throw their money in the peanut butter jar). I was only ripped off once and it was when I let a guy sweet-talk me into giving him have a couple loads on credit and then he never came back, eventually moved away from the area.

thenorth said:
The wood sits at his `warehouse`, waiting to be sold, meaning, i think, till the wood is ready, ie, seasoned...
John
You are correct! Although, it has been a couple of record years for sales and I have had a hard time keeping up. Last Spring I was sometimes selling it right off the trailer as I was hauling it out of the woods. But of course, people knew exactly what they were getting and I made sure they knew.

oldspark said:
Nice pictures quads, looks like you live in a nice area.
Thanks! Having never lived anywhere else I have nothing to compare it to, but it suits me just fine most of the time. HAHA!

I was just funning you have a nice place.

Good work quads. Methinks most of the time out in the country folks are pretty honest. It is rare, but not unheard of, for anyone to get ripped off when they sit a jar or box out for dollars. People even make their own change if necessary. Just one more great benefit of living in the country.

cptoneleg said:
I was just funning you have a nice place.
HA! Yup, I knew! Thanks!

Backwoods Savage said:
Good work quads. Methinks most of the time out in the country folks are pretty honest. It is rare, but not unheard of, for anyone to get ripped off when they sit a jar or box out for dollars. People even make their own change if necessary. Just one more great benefit of living in the country.
You're right about people being fairly honest Dennis. I haven't seen too many cities in my life, and none for very long, but I am still baffled by the fact that people live there, willingly anyway.

thenorth said:
John

Relax! I was just jokin' around.
Like he said, he informs his customers as to when it was cut. I wish everyone did that!

egclassic said:
thenorth said:
John

Relax! I was just jokin' around.
Like he said, he informs his customers as to when it was cut. I wish everyone did that!
Yup, everything is cool. HAHA!

PapaDave said:
Love the "warehouse". Right near the "procurement area". :lol:
HAHA! It is quite handy!

Beautiful scene there and the splittin' maul/axe looks to be posting good sentry duty, too. Good job!

quads said:
Backwoods Savage said:
You're right about people being fairly honest Dennis. I haven't seen too many cities in my life, and none for very long, but I am still baffled by the fact that people live there, willingly anyway.

:lol:

Right quads. We like to say that we really like the cities because they hold lots of people. That way there is more room for us country folk.

Gark said:
Beautiful scene there and the splittin' maul/axe looks to be posting good sentry duty, too. Good job!
Thanks!

Backwoods Savage said:
quads said:
Backwoods Savage said:

:lol:

Right quads. We like to say that we really like the cities because they hold lots of people. That way there is more room for us country folk.
HAHA! But true!

quads said:
48rob said:
Pretty honest folk out your way?

Rob
Yes, generally. I have never been ripped off directly (and I have sold A LOT of wood when I wasn't home, they throw their money in the peanut butter jar). I was only ripped off once and it was when I let a guy sweet-talk me into giving him have a couple loads on credit and then he never came back, eventually moved away from the area.

As always . . . great pics.

Occasionally farmers out this way get ripped off . . . but thank goodness the criminals are usually pretty stupid.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/...ef-video-camera-caught.html?searchterm=durand

One or two of the newspapers even posted booking pics after he was arrested . . .

That's a good one Jake.

Status
Not open for further replies.