Rhino getting ready to winch.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Had a good day in the woods, I was getting ready to winch down some Cherry. Hope to get back in this area Thursday to winch down some more cherry to the left of the rhino down the hill.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0345-1.jpg
    100_0345-1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 476
How big is your winch?

zapny said:
quads said:
How big is your winch?

Warn 3000 lb.

zap
Warn makes a good winch. I have an older 2500# that's been pretty tough. Before that I wrecked 3 Superwinches. Just couldn't get them to last.

I don't use the winch much anymore. It used to be mounted on the front of my Sportsman, but wouldn't fit on my Hawkeye after I traded the Sportsman in. I made my own removable rear-mount for the receiver hitch on the back of my Hawkeye, so I can still use my Warn if I need to.

quads said:
zapny said:
quads said:
How big is your winch?

Warn 3000 lb.

zap
Warn makes a good winch. I have an older 2500# that's been pretty tough. Before that I wrecked 3 Superwinches. Just couldn't get them to last.

I don't use the winch much anymore. It used to be mounted on the front of my Sportsman, but wouldn't fit on my Hawkeye after I traded the Sportsman in. I made my own removable rear-mount for the receiver hitch on the back of my Hawkeye, so I can still use my Warn if I need to.

Thats what I like about the Rhino, the winch can be used from the front our the back.

zap

zapny said:
quads said:
zapny said:
quads said:
How big is your winch?

Warn 3000 lb.

zap

Thats what I like about the Rhino, the winch can be used from the front our the back.

zap
Oh? So it has a receiver-type mount for the winch on both the front and the back then? Cool. Maybe I'll have to make one for the front of my Hawkeye someday. Being mounted on the back, I can't use it when I'm pulling the trailer.

quads said:
zapny said:
quads said:
zapny said:
quads said:
How big is your winch?

Warn 3000 lb.

zap

zap
Oh? So it has a receiver-type mount for the winch on both the front and the back then? Cool. Maybe I'll have to make one for the front of my Hawkeye someday. Being mounted on the back, I can't use it when I'm pulling the trailer.

Yep, I guess the big thing is the electrical hook up. I needed it last year coming out of the woods after dragging the trail then cutting some wood, I was coming out to the road and I sunk (sun softened it) dug out the winch in the front and put it on the back then hooked up the tree saver around a tree with a d-shackle and pulled the rhino out.

zap

zapny said:
Yep, I guess the big thing is the electrical hook up. I needed it last year coming out of the woods after dragging the trail then cutting some wood, I was coming out to the road and I sunk (sun softened it) dug out the winch in the front and put it on the back then hooked up the tree saver around a tree with a d-shackle and pulled the rhino out.

zap
Nice! That's the thing about a winch; you don't always need one, but when you do, you REALLY need one.

[/quote] Nice! That's the thing about a winch; you don't always need one, but when you do, you REALLY need one.[/quote]

You can say that again!! Did a little hunting this weekend, well started too.

Attachments

• P_00067.jpg
    P_00067.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 347
Were you hunting for earth worms? :lol:

i3bpvh said:
Nice! That's the thing about a winch; you don't always need one, but when you do, you REALLY need one.

You can say that again!! Did a little hunting this weekend, well started too.
OOPS!

Flatbedford said:
Were you hunting for earth worms? :lol:

I was on an old logging road that I've been on every year. A little too much rain this year and a bog formed. Add a layer of ice over the top of it and fresh snow to make it look like normal and Wal Ah!!! The perfect trap.

Nice! That's the thing about a winch; you don't always need one, but when you do, you REALLY need one.[/quote]

You can say that again!! Did a little hunting this weekend, well started too.[/quote]

At least you had your cooler with you.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.