Room temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackfre

Burning Hunk
Oct 3, 2011
N CA
Had a fire in the Encore the other night. That shouldn't be remarkable, but it has been unseasonably warm here. Starting to get rain and colder temps, but nothing like I was used to back east. Anyway, when I went up to bed I checked the temps coming up into the bedroom thru the register thru the ceiling above the stove into the bedroom. Had 95* air coming up into the bedroom. Bedroom temp was 73.5*. No other heat on the second floor that was operating that evening. Way to hot for a bedroom, but at least I know the heat is moving;)

Jackfre said:
Had a fire in the Encore the other night. That shouldn't be remarkable, but it has been unseasonably warm here. Starting to get rain and colder temps, but nothing like I was used to back east. Anyway, when I went up to bed I checked the temps coming up into the bedroom thru the register thru the ceiling above the stove into the bedroom. Had 95* air coming up into the bedroom. Bedroom temp was 73.5*. No other heat on the second floor that was operating that evening. Way to hot for a bedroom, but at least I know the heat is moving;)

I agree. I like the bedroom to be in the low/mid 60's for sleeping. 70º and I don't get much sleep. Nice to know you can get that kind of heat to the BR when you need it though.

I my self like bedroom temps to be around 75.

In case you are wondering 93 will not catch your house on fire.

corey21 said:
I my self like bedroom temps to be around 75.

In case you are wondering 93 will not catch your house on fire.
My Wife is the same way....she'll wake up complaining it's cold....I check the thermostat....it' reads 72*....somethin' wrong with that gal

Bedrooms mid to low 60's, I'm ok up to about 70 after that it's too warm.

Usually the living room temperature is between 85 and 90 degrees regardless of outside temp. Coldest I have had here was 8 degrees one morning and the living room temperature was still 81 after an overnight burn. Upstairs its usually between 77 and 82 degrees

i close bedroom door and leave window open I'm in the 60 range for sleeping.

No more than 74 in house on coldest days,bedrooms 59* to 64* Max.

ohlongarm said:

Oh my, if I wanted the house that cold, I'd just use the furnace. Living room is 73, bedroom 75 - I'm happy. That's why I started burning with wood so I could be in the mid 70's and comfortable without breaking the bank account.

ohlongarm said:

That's about perfect for me too - low to mid 70's in the main living area and my upstairs tends to stay right at 60* most of the time - perfect sleeping temp for me. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.