Rotten Cherry at The Stump Down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Not much holding this so I thought my best shot was to the right of the tree, just missed. Never brought the cable back in so I cut until I had a full load then took that home, grabbed the cable along with the tree savers then pulled it down the rest of the Cherry down.

A total of thirty rounds out of this.

zap

Attachments

• 100_4541.jpg
    100_4541.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 380
  • 100_4543.jpg
    100_4543.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 380
  • 100_4544.jpg
    100_4544.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 383
  • 100_4545.jpg
    100_4545.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 383
  • 100_4546.jpg
    100_4546.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 100_4548.jpg
    100_4548.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 388
  • 100_4549.jpg
    100_4549.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 361
  • 100_4542.jpg
    100_4542.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 387
Looks good Zap wish we had some of that snow. All we get is rain. Sure not going to have to top the pool off in the spring.

Everything was all ice so it gives us some better footing with the snow, they are calling for another four inches in the next couple of days.

zap

Looks like a nice mix of hardwood in your bush.

Those usually aren't bad to cut and I'm glad you got it zap. Looking at that 3rd picture I can see why you got the cable.

Sav, not sure why I never brought the cable & winching equipment back in, that was a first when I'm cutting. Looks like mother nature will give me another weekend of cutting then maybe a weekend off for a small trip to Tupper Lake for the day.

zap

So thats where all of the snow has been this winter. Its all up in the Adirondacks, send some down to the Hudson Valley/ NY Metro area Zap.

Wish we had more, not even enough for cross country skiing. This weekend was our Winterfest, had to cancel the cross country skiing which draws a large number of skiers.

zap

zapny said:
Wish we had more, not even enough for cross country skiing. This weekend was our Winterfest, had to cancel the cross country skiing which draws a large number of skiers.

zap

Its been an unusually mild winter around these parts. Spent the day today at a guys backyard rounding up a red maple with a newly found buddy from this forum. Great score for me. piled up the wife's minivan and stacked it all up this afternoon. My back is calling me all kinds of profane names now, but its worth it. Sorry to hear about your winterfest, i know you guys depend of snow for a lot of your activities up there.

Rain coming in on Wednesday, should make it a mess.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.