Round Oak Double Burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
We spent the weekend at a great inn near Portland. In the distillery bar, they had a nice old Round Oak steadily warming up the place. This was the model X B 100. State of the art for around 1915. It looks and works almost as good as they day it was made, nearly a century ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0578web.jpg
    IMG_0578web.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 546
Wow, what a gorgeous old stove. BG, what size chimney connector is that? It looks like only about 4 in. And what are all the pipes above it? They look like sprinkler pipes.

It's a big stove, the pipe looked to be 6". The bartender was running it with the ashpan door open, but she was too cute to criticize. The pipes are part of the whimsy of the place. There are several places where they take off of a pipe theme. I'm guessing they pulled out miles of piping when the place was renovated in the early nineties. Here's a further back shot of the wild plumbing art. And here's an arbor that would delight any plumber.

http://www.mcmenamins.com/54-edgefield-home

Attachments

• IMG_0578-web.jpg
    IMG_0578-web.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_0579-web.jpg
    IMG_0579-web.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 457
Thanks for additional pics. Really neat place. I noticed the ash pan door open but hoped they were just getting it going. I was really surprised to see the picture because I would not have expected the codes to allow a wood burning stove in a place of assembly. Just for the record, I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.