RTV curing time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drafter-d

Oct 9, 2008
eastern ct
I have a question on sealing an appliance adapter to my Santa Fe. I am using Rutland super red high heat 600 rtv. I have used it before and let it set up overnight and it worked well. I have to reseal it as I had a dura vent 3" to 4" adapter leak and had to take it apart. I am going to NH and its gonna be -6 degrees overnight and I would want to use the stove right away after putting the exhaust together. The tube from rutland says that it is fully cured in 24 hours, but I am not sure it would cure correctly under heat. Any experiance or advice on this would be greatly appreciated. I have attempted to attach a picture of the Santa Fe.

Drafter-d

Attachments

• DSC_0095-1.jpg
    DSC_0095-1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 301
I think you are likely good to go.

Those stove installers don't come back the next day to fire it up to show the customer how to operate their new stove.

An update on rtv set up (curing time). I did rtv the stove adapter and pipe joints then started up the Santa Fe immediatly. Let it run on Med heat for a few hours then cranked it up to high and let it run for 48 hours. No leaks, and when I shut it down and checked how the rtv had cured, all was good. Thanks to all for the initial input.

Attachments

• DSC_0225.jpg
    DSC_0225.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 212
Status
Not open for further replies.