Running MT Vernon on battery power

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smg64ct

Nov 21, 2006
Connecticut
Has anyone ever ran there MT Vernon on Battery power? There calling for ice tomorrow and I want to be prepared. I have the power cord and I have a deep cycle battery. Does anyone know how long it will run on battery power?

figure out the amp draw of your fan and thermo/electronics...divide that by amp hour of the battery...thats how long it will run in hours...

I have mine set up to run on a battery if needed but the power hasn't stayed off for too long to test the full battery run time. The longest amount of time I ran it was for around 5 or 6 hours and there was plenty of battery life left. When I got up I fired up the generator to make coffee and watch some TV. I have it hooked up to my RV battery that I take out of th RV for the winter. The battery is the larger 27 series deep cycle and I have it mounted on the wall in the basement over my oil tank out of the way but easy to get to.
I was also too cheap to buy Quads over priced battery cable so I removed the original receptacle on the AE and replaced it with a twist lock outlet and matching plug on the wires going to the battery.

Attachments

• Burnham MPO 030 (Large).jpg
    Burnham MPO 030 (Large).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 262
  • Front Porch 2010 198 (Large).jpg
    Front Porch 2010 198 (Large).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 266
Status
Not open for further replies.