Runnning black iron pipe across the ouside of the foundation.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tubbster

Aug 12, 2008
Central NY
Is this an OK approach? I have to run it outside the house to avoid major house surgery. I am planing on runnig it 6" off the grade along the cement block foundation for about 17 feet in the back of the house. Secure using tapcons.

Short answer is yes, you can do it. As a gasfitter I would recommend with a long run outside that you paint the surface of the pipe to reduce corrosion as well as install a drip pocket where the pipe immediately comes into the house. This will address any condensation issues that may arise from temperature variance.

If you have any questions on pipe sizing give me a hollar. I need to know BTU load and total length of pipe from the regulator to the appliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.