Rust in my stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardy_Boy

Sep 13, 2011
Lakes Region NH
Hey all, just found this site! New member's first post yeah!

I have a Harman P38 that I had installed last year, its in my basement and I have noticed there is quite a bit of surface rust built up in the burn pot and various other locations. Should I be worried about this or is this normal? I have a dehumidifier that runs most of the summer as well. Is there wet air coming in from the pipe? Should I have plugged that and does anyone put silica bags in during the offseason to prevent this? Any help would be appreciated!

Could not hurt but make sure you remove them before starting for the year! Could also use a re-fillable damp-X container.

Coat the inside of the stove with Pam cooking spray and through in some silica bags or Damp Rid is what I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.