Sacrilege

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dune

Minister of Fire
I am taking this year off from aquiring wood. I even turned down delivered free oak.
I saw my front yard for the first time in years, I have well over 3 years worth.

I can't wait for this year to end.

(I did scoop up a couple cords of hickory this spring)

It was EXTREMELY difficult to turn down the free oak, but I did it, somehow.

i wish i was to that point...on the up side i may not need to use the lawnmower next year :)

Reactions: ScotO and blujacket
I have 3 yrs. on hand now, but will still take Oak, Hickory, Locust, Hedge, & Mulberry. All others I turn down.

I don't think I could turn down free firewood.You are an inspiration for the addicts on this forum.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Not sure if I should applaud the restraint you showed Dune :cool: or mourn the loss of free oak...:(

Reactions: ScotO
I am taking this year off from aquiring wood. I even turned down delivered free oak.
I saw my front yard for the first time in years, I have well over 3 years worth.

Hmm... feel free to send any of that free stuff my way!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I think I would have some sleepless nights after turning down some free good hardwood and I'm 8 years ahead. :(

Yeah, I am still not over it. It just seemed so wrong.

I think I would have some sleepless nights after turning down some free good hardwood and I'm 8 years ahead. :(
you need to join the Firewood Hoarder's Club, wishlist!!

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/firewood-hoarders-club-ltd.52839/

The doctor(s) is/are in, and will see you now.....

I don't know how you did it (I know I SURE COULDN'T have), but you gots ta do what you gots ta do sometimes.....

At least you didn't let that lucious hickory go.......we'd have had to do an intervention if you did that!!

Yeah, I am still not over it. It just seemed so wrong.
Go with your intuition ..... If it feels wrong , it is wrong ! :) think of all the potential firewood that is begging to be collected, split, seasoned ,and given a decent send off in a stove ! It's not too late to amend your ways . :)

Dune, you are a better man than I. There is now way I'd have turned that down. Besides, do you really like to mow that grass?

Status
Not open for further replies.