Sale on Infrared Thermometer at Harbor Freight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanCorcoran

Minister of Fire
Jan 5, 2010
Richmond, VA
Their normal price is $59.99. I got one on sale yesterday for $29.99 (not sure how long sale lasts). I also received a brochure showing that there'll be another sale March 12-14 where it will be $25.99. It has a laser pointer, 8-foot range, and temperature range of -4 deg. F to +968 deg. F (accuracy +/- 4 degrees below 212; +/- 2% above 212). I've tried several readings of known temperature items and it seems accurate.

Boil water with a large metal spoon in it. After a few minutes, pull the spoon and test it. It should be reading darn close to 212F. Quick and easy test with a known temp. (well...unless you live way up a hill or something, then adjust for altitude)

Status
Not open for further replies.