sap removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bruce56bb

Feeling the Heat
Nov 18, 2005
Flint Hills of Kansas
i know it was discussed recently bit i cannot find the thread that mentioned it. does anyone remember the tip for sap removal?
thanks in advance
bruce

I'll second MSG's question. I have found that if I'm spliting pine I do get a lot of sap on my hands, and mineral spirits takes it right off.

Butter or margarine....It was a week or two ago...i am not sure who recommended it but it works....tried it today...helped move a scotch pine that brother in laws neighbor cut down towards the chipper...they also took down a sugar maple about little more than half a cord that he got.

removing it from myself..........butter!!!! i knew it was something simple, but i couldn't pull it up. thanks

I use a little rubbing alcohol it works great.

Anyone see the Seinfeld episode where Kramer butters himself to get a better tan. Careful buttering yourselves up. ;-)

the_guad said:
Anyone see the Seinfeld episode where Kramer butters himself to get a better tan. Careful buttering yourselves up. ;-)

Go to the video store and ask for an old copy of "Last Tango In Paris".

BrotherBart said:
the_guad said:

Go to the video store and ask for an old copy of "Last Tango In Paris".
i wonder how she got tree sap there?

Status
Not open for further replies.