Saturday's Cherry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I've been going to get this for about two years, tomorrow is the day. The main trail is at the bottom of the hill which will make it nice when I roll the rounds down the hill. The picture was taken from the topside trail which I will use to come in by.

GIBIR

Attachments

• 100_2804.jpg
    100_2804.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 286
Thats cheating :)

Better hurry.
You are going to get winter one of these days, & probably don't have enough wood to make it thru LOL :)

Pat53, when rolling downhill cheating is allowed.

Bogydave, please keep winter until January 15th, after that you can send it to Smokin's house! :coolgrin:

zap

Shoot I would have drug it to the bottom trail whole with the rhino!! Pat

You cherry is much straighter than what I have here..

Ray

curber said:
Shoot I would have drug it to the bottom trail whole with the rhino!! Pat

The hill should be greased up enough that I'll beat the tree down to the bottom of the hill. Looks like we received 1-2 inches of snow overnight.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_4403.jpg
    100_4403.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 225
Ok zap, you've had plenty of daylight to get that cherry. Is it done yet? Lol....12 degrees right now, think I'll drink some more coffee and let the wood season before I get to splitting today. :)

wishlist said:
Ok zap, you've had plenty of daylight to get that cherry. Is it done yet? Lol....12 degrees right now, think I'll drink some more coffee and let the wood season before I get to splitting today. :)

18 degrees here wishlist, just the one tree today so I'll be heading out by 9:30 at the latest. I didn't burn a fire last night so I'm blazing through the first load to build up some heat in the basement then before I go out I'll throw on enough splits so I have some coals when I get back.

A couple more cups of coffee then it will be time to go. What type of wood are you splitting?

zap

Just a bunch of boring oak! ;)

And here I thought it was burr oak.... Nice stuff too.

Zap, keep cutting and let Mrs. Zap stoke the stove.

Backwoods Savage said:
And here I thought it was burr oak.... Nice stuff too.

Zap, keep cutting and let Mrs. Zap stoke the stove.

Will do Sav, Mrs. Flamette does a great job, she likes burning the Liberty at certain temps 600 stovetop and 450 on the stack to start.

zap

Are you stilll getting the new stove?

Status
Not open for further replies.